View Single Post

Old 09-12-2010, 04:35 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnharley View Post
Unfortunately, the same thing happened to me today. I just purchased the bodyguard 380 on Thursday and took it to the range today. I was amazed on how accurate the gun is, hitting close in clusters around the target easily, but on round 35, it failed to fire. After checking it out, I noticed that the takedown lever was missing and the round was jammed and wouldn't eject. I had to field dissassemble to remove the round which was a PIA. My son and I searched for about 30 minutes and never was able to find the takedown lever in the graveled area. I really didn't want to leave without it, but it just wasn't in the cards to find it. I guess I will calling S&W customer service on Monday morning. Bummer! I really hoped mine wouldn't be one of those with issues.
I know it is too late now but when my take down lever would come out of my BG 380 I would find it to the rear left of the shooter. The barrel and slide would go forward and the take down lever to the rear. So for those who will be searching that is the place to start.

Last edited by spec5; 09-12-2010 at 07:13 PM.