Default 3" Model 65 P&R

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_itis View Post
Quote:
Originally posted by RKmesa:
Eliza:

Very nice photos of some great guns...

Quote:
I have really always wanted a pinned and recessed 3" barreled M65 to actually carry and use but the only ones I have even heard of were issued to the Massachusetts State Police...and I have never actually seen one of them. Sadly, I am a "P&R snob," so the multitude of later 3" barreled M65s will just not do!
N_itis:

Do you mean a 3" P&R 65 like this 65-2? It has a set of custom smoothed and rounded Ahrends FG's on it and one of the smoothest triggers on any Smith that I own - it is the perfect carry smith (at least for me). BTW - it is the only 3" P&R 65 that I have seen in person...

I also have a recessed, but not pinned 3" 13-2. I sure like these guns...
Beautiful gun, RKmesa. Exactly what I was talking about.

Thanks for sharing and disspelling my "defensive delusion" that there were no commercially available pinned and recessed 3" barrelled M65s. Deep down I knew better. Know I cannot rest until I find My Grail.
I have a 3" Model 65-2 that is pinned and recessed also. I bought it new in October of 1981 and still carry it occasionally. It's a very versatile revolver. Ironically, after I bought it, I sold the 3" Model 13-2 that I had, which was also pinned and recessed.