View Single Post

Old 09-22-2010, 06:29 AM

Liked 336 Times in 138 Posts

I love the 1911 for concealed carry. Cocked & locked is not a problem for me. Even cocked and locked does not allow for accidental discharge. There is still a matter of the grip safety and the slide safety. For a 1911 to fire, all the features have to come together at the same time. Side safety off, grip safety depressed and trigger pulled are all required before a discharge can happen and that assumes the gun to be cocked to begin with. The 1911 is perhaps the safest gun to carry in terms of accidental discharge.

Over the years, I have seen experienced police officers drop a revolver that sent a round through walls. I have seen an officer accidentally shoot another officer while securing his Glock. I have witnessed several discharges take place, some with injury, while holstering various brand and type guns. I witnessed first hand a semi snag on a chair bottom while grabbing a shoulder holster rig from the back of a chair causing the gun to discharge into the floor. None of these can happen with the 1911.