Thread: Scope questions
View Single Post

Old 09-22-2010, 04:36 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default scope for the 22LR

back in the 70s and 80s I would use an inexpensive 4 power scope on my 22LR for targets, plinking and squirrel hunting. I would try to find a cheap scope with a wide field of view to make it easier to sight in on a running squirrel in a tree.

So when considering a scope for my M&P-15, 22 I decided to stick with the concept of a wide field of view, a cheap scope and in the lower magnification range as I did not need a lot of magnification considering the range of the weapon.

After reading everyone's thoughts on these forums and looking online at various models I decided on the NcStar Mark III because it is cheap and even though some have had problems with them it seems the return policy and customer support are pretty good.

I was trying to decide between the 6x42 due to it's wider field of view and the 2-7x32, variable for the ability to use the lower magnification for hunting/wide field of view and the higher magnification for more accurate target shooting.

Well I was looking for a good price on both of them and found the 6x42 for around $68 and the 2-7x32 for $75 so I decided to go with the variable since it was only $7 difference even though I like the 6x42 for the larger view and a 6 power is more than enough for a 22LR. I am expected it in the mail in the next day or two then I will let you all know what I think about it

Last edited by Nachtjager; 09-23-2010 at 10:38 AM.