View Single Post

Old 09-22-2010, 07:40 PM
US Veteran

Liked 288 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtpur View Post
Im with Barb on this one. We all have our preferences. I do not like to carry SA auto pistols cocked and locked. I hate safetys and always believe that in a stress situation one may just for a split moment forget to flip the safe off when suddenly confronted. I prefer DA only no safety. With adrenilin pumping I dont think the long pull of a DA is even noticed. I prefer revolvers to semi autos anyway except that they are limited with capacity. I have a keltec and it has the worst trigger pull I have ever experienced, makes my Sigma feel as if it was SA....but I know I have to pull the trigger. In the Army we were not permitted to carry our 1911's cocked and locked....I hated to carry it on duty because a gun wihout immediate ability to fire is like no gun at all. My humble opinion, and as I said we all have our "druthers"
My reluctance to carry a 1911 cocked and locked stems not so much from the carrying of it, but from getting it home and then unloading it. If I'm not constantly using the gun, I unload it and I don't like constantly chambering and unchambering rounds. Safety issues aside, I worry about bullets being pushed into the case. My Makarov stays loaded because I'm usually carrying it and my S&W Model 10 presents no such problem.
Chris