View Single Post

Old 09-24-2010, 10:31 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Question on Insight Laser-S&W Bodyguard 38

Hello to all. Glad to see S&W is doing so well these days, it still makes my heart soar to have it be a USA company after being owned by a foreign company for so many years who really hated and really feared hand guns. I have especially enjoyed the new products such as the S&W 15-22, which is fantastic. Well done, S&W.

I recently bought a S&W 38 bodyguard and cannot get it shoot accurately using the laser. I bought a bore laser to try to align it correctly. I have two other handguns (S&W 442 (38) & Glock 19 (9mm) which have Crimson Trace (CT) lasers added; and I can get those grip lasers to align perfectly with the bore laser, and they help the guns shoot more accurately. I used the instructions off the S&W site to align the laser with no luck. The dealer and the Insight Technology (IT) website (no one to call there-unlike CT who will talk to consumers) resources were absolutely worthless. The closest alignment I can get is to the BG laser dot to be about 10" above the bore laser (set at 25'). Anyone have any experience, thoughts or recommendations on adjusting the IT laser on the BG? I have only had the BG out once and plan to do so again this weekend. Thanks for sharing any thoughts or experience here.

Last edited by TPM; 09-24-2010 at 10:35 PM.