View Single Post

Old 09-25-2010, 08:44 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Insight Laser Adjustment Question on S&W Bodyguard

Sorry if the issue is not stated very clearly. What I am trying to say is that I cannot get the Insight Technologies laser dot to "match up" (overlay) with a bore laser dot. When I set a bore laser on the bull-eye of a dart board target for example, I cannot adjust the S&W 38 laser to be anywhere close to it, no matter how I try to adjust (using the S&W instructions off their website). Adjusting the bodyguard's internal laser dot moves all around the target and other, internal bore laser dot; and basically nowhere close to it. The best, closest alignment (of the two laser dots) I can get is Insight directly above the other, but the Insight is about 10" above the other (bore) laser dot. Maybe I am doing it wrong, but with two other guns using Crimson Trace lasers I can adjust both of them (other guns) with both the internal laser dots and the bore laser right on top of each other; on target. Is this not the way you would want to set them? Insight does not take consumer calls and the S&W dealer where I bought the firearm was clueless and had nothing much to say. They just say "I don't know"; then hand the gun back to me. Like many I have sent brand-new firearms back to the manufacturer in the past and waited for the return, but this is really a hassle and time lag I want to avoid, especially if it is something simple I am not seeing or doing correctly. As we all know, when you buy a new gun it is nothing but excitement and anticipation to find it, buy it, try it out, and have to carry every day; pretty much one of the last things you want is to have to send it off somewhere, be without it, play the undefined waiting game, and also wonder if you got a lemon.