View Single Post

Old 09-28-2010, 03:27 AM

Liked 1,371 Times in 699 Posts

This thread is really food for thought. Over the last year I've been transitioning from semi's over to my 686's for concealed carry, just for the extra reliablity I feel they could provide in certain circumstances. Things like close contact where you might not be able to pull a semi-auto back enough to make sure the slide is in battery, i.e. something like a wrestling match.

For some I know my concerns aren't an issue since they claim that I'm a fool for thinking that if I'm theatened by an unarmed person I'll try my best to deal with it the old school way (leave, talk, fists etc.) before drawing my weapon. They tend to shrug off my "The force needs to match the threat" line I give them feeling that if they are threatened, in any way whatsoever, then it's time to clear leather.

I always leave them with, "Let's just hope you don't come across someone like the Valedictorian of your local High School with no priors who just happens to be acting like an idiot that day and you shoot him and then you have no witnesses that will back up your claims that he was a deadly threat."

When it comes to life & death you better be about as sure as a person can be on each & every aspect, especially your weapon's reliability.............