View Single Post

Old 09-28-2010, 03:33 PM

Liked 45 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyarmorguy View Post
The corrections recruits shoot two stages from the 7 yeard line at night. One stage is 3 strings of 6 rounds each utilizing a handheld flashlight. The second is a repeat of the first stage however no handheld flashlight, only whatever ambient moonlight is available. On that particular night it was very dark, just enough light to be able to see the target, however the recruits are essentially point shooting so there is no visualizing the front sight, hence he did not notice the missing barrel. Cadet to RO's ratio is 6:1
You corrections guys do it differently than LE. I finished my firearms block about a month and a half ago. IIRC, we fired 3x 2-shot strings in ambient light followed by 2x 3-shot strings and one 6-shot string.Then we did the same thing with flashlights, all at 7 yards. I lost one point in the night shoot and that was the only point I lost all day between the 2 handgun relays, the nighttime handgun relay and the shotgun relay. The funny part is the point I lost was during the 6 shot string with a flashlight... I was trying to use the sights as they told us. I should have stuck to point shooting. Oh well, I still won top gun by a wide margin.