View Single Post

Old 10-05-2010, 09:05 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
I found out that my M&P45 compact can digest ANY ammo without fail . Took it out and fired 300 rounds of old,mixed ammo ,even Wolf steel cased circa 1993 and not one FTF or FTE malfunction . There is however a issue on the mags or the pistol being out of spec , It will not hold the slide open on the last round unless you pushup on the mag and hold it on the last shot .The mags do not fit snug to the bottom of the grip and flop around in the pistol . If you put no presure on the bottom of thec mag the slide will colse after the last shot . I took some duct tape and pushed the mag in all the way untill it was flush with the grip and the duct tape held the mag up tight . Works fine ,slide stayed open on the last shot . Both mags (S&W new ) do the same thing. It is ether the mags or the mag catch out of spec .I got the 2 free mags comming and if they do the same thing when I get them it is the pistol . The thing functions perfectly other wise .Just by looking and feel you can tell the mag is not in far enough ,it is loose and sloppy .
hey, that's interesting. I was getting ready to post this issue as well. I just purchased a 40c. I've noticed the mag slop. But what ive seen is that once in awhile when i slap in a fresh mag it overrides the slide lock. It's a little concerning. I also saw it on a youtube video. The gun holder didn't acknowledge it, but you could see the surprise on his face.

Also. I have an issue with the slide release lever not staying down in the down pusition. I actually have to hold it down with the side of my thumb and move the slide forward at the same time. Has anyone had this problem