View Single Post

Old 10-09-2010, 07:28 PM
US Veteran

Liked 473 Times in 236 Posts
Default Gun Show find w/pic! Model 10-14 used

Went to a very small gun show today, almost gave up, didn't see much in the way of wheelguns......but then, this was sitting in a seller's case and it emitted a ray of light from it, as I have been lusting after the latest version of the Model 10, the 10-14.

In decent shape, it's seen some holster time and even with spent brass in the chambers two of the chambers don't carry up into lock up in slow single action......doesn't seem like it's been fired alot, maybe just not broken in, maybe I'm seeing the face of the "new S&W" I don't know yet.......it's a "CJT" prefix, my SC of S&W ends at 2004, and no CJT is listed in the serial index, so being a 10-14 it's at least post 2002, if anyone can help me nail down a year I would sure appreciate it!

Marked at $350, no dice for a deal down on price even for cash, guy said he was as low as he could go, With tax and BS fees I got it for exactly $375 OTD, not too bad I think..........a guy wanted $340 for a NIB Taurus 65, I think it's a no brainer which was the clear choice