View Single Post

Old 10-19-2010, 12:51 AM

Liked 1,368 Times in 183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkitch View Post
A couple of FBI Agents certified me as a Firearms instructor when I was a SC Deputy Sheriff. This was right about 1994 or so. They were carrying autos but one of the instructors loaned me his issue M-13 3" for the revolver portion of the course. He told me that he was allowed to hold on to it because he was an instructor. So at least a few agents still had revolvers in the 90s.
I now own a similar M-13. A more perfect carry revolver is difficult to conceive.
Kitch, I can't remember when they finally threw a rope around my neck and made me turn in my 2 1/2 " model 10. It would have been sometime in the mid 90's. However, I still carried my POW revolvers until 2006 or 2007-when the Bureau finally pulled the plug on any agent carrying even a POW revolver. Anyone that had a POW model 13--and I know a few guys who bought one, because they couldn't get the Bureau to issue them one-could theoretically still have been carrying them till 2006 or 2007

I also know that Firearms Instructors had a wider latitude in what they could obtain and hold onto than a street agent like myself

Last edited by Calfed; 10-19-2010 at 12:53 AM.