View Single Post

Old 10-20-2010, 07:46 PM

Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightshooter1 View Post
I'm not sure what the big deal is about 40% vs 50% other than it pays more money monthly.

If you are service connected, then your co-pay didn't go up for scripts like the rest of the vets.

At 40%, I get all the medical treatment I want (there's some things I prefer to use an outside physician/facility for) and, though they bill my BC/BS for non-service connected treatment, (and BC/BS pays very, very little to them), I never have a co-pay.

I do pay $24 per month for a 90 day supply of prescription meds, but that's a lot cheaper than using my BC/BS plan.

Is there any other benefit other than a bit more money? Not saying you shouldn't get it, just wondering what benefit there is to it.

Bob
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I have Tri-Care Prime. I have a $3 co-pay for a month of generics.

I don't go to the VA for anything.

That "bit of money" is a bit more than a bit. ;-)

Concurrent Receipt Overview
Qualified disabled military retirees will now get paid both their full military retirement pay and their VA disability compensation. This recently passed law phases out (over 9 years) the VA disability offset, which means that military retirees with 20 or more years of service and a 50% (or higher) VA rated disability will no longer have their military retirement pay reduced by the amount of their VA disability compensation.

Concurrent Retirement and Disability Pay (CRDP) Overview - Military Benefits - Military.com