View Single Post

Old 10-22-2010, 03:43 AM

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightshooter1 View Post
I have never owned nor tried a Kydex IWB. On another forum a poster mentioned wearing an undershirt to eliminate the Kydex "rub" on his skin which, from the way the post was worded, meant the Kydex rubbing on bare skin irritated the skin.

I never wear an undershirt and don't plan to start doing so.

But, I was contemplating buying a Kydex IWB.

Any of you had a problem with the Kydex rubbing you the wrong way?

Bob
As a maker of custom kydex holster who has worn them for years, it depends a lot on the design. I've noticed mine don't bother me, even when wearing IWB for long periods of time. If it really bothers someone, an undershirt or gluing some moleskin on the backside can go a long way.

A lot of people in the know are running kydex pancake holsters because they believe they are the best design out there. I am one of those people who agree. In fact, it is the only design I will make for customers anymore. It's comfortable, concealable, and extremely fast on the draw. I've owned a whole lot of top shelf holsters and nothing compares to the design. The fact a few phillips head screws are the only thing stopping it from being converted from OWB to IWB is a huge perk also.

Steve