View Single Post

Old 10-24-2010, 10:53 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

More than likely, it was a powder problem. I just wonder if something else came into play.

Like I said before, I immediately went home and spent the afternoon with a bullet puller to eliminate the batch that had been produced with the faulty round. I went back and counted brass and it was 63 rounds that I pulled bullets on. None of the rounds were off by more than .1grs. In my own twisted logic, I would think that if one got too much powder, the one before or after would get too little, but I may be off base on that one. Either way, I'm taking a break on loading pistol ammo for a while. I enjoy rifle reloading much more, and if there was an overcharge with those, I'd have powder all over the counter and no way to seat a bullet. I pulled the powder bar out of the Dillon as well and I saw no reason for failure on it (for whatever thats worth).

I feel very lucky to be able to pass on this story - there really was no better way for it to go. Like a previous poster said, I already won this battle. Thanks.