View Single Post

Old 10-28-2010, 04:47 PM

Liked 340 Times in 164 Posts

Don't believe everything you read in the reviews. Lots of them are old reviews, and involve things which have been changed/remedied in later machines (with retrofits available for most of the older L-n-Ls). Hornady makes a great press, and stand behind them as well as Dillon. I am running an old Pro-Jector (the forerunner of the L-n-L), and it just keeps on ticking. The L-n-L has gone through several iterations, with ongoing improvements in many areas, and the current presses are really fantastic. Although I don't really need one, I am thinking of buying a new L-n-L for loading different calibers, partly due to the ease of caliber change-over with it, and keeping my old Pro-Jector set up as a dedicated single caliber press (probably for .45 ACP or .38/357). Yeah, that's a good justification for buying a new toy! BTW, consider shipping costs when ordering one of these - they are very heavily constructed, and weigh a TON! I'm betting that an on-line order with Graf & Sons, at $399 (including your choice of Hornady dies - also first rate - for a limited time), with their $4.95 flat rate handling/shipping charge, will come out ahead in total cost. One other thing - I recommend you also purchase the pistol metering rotor and the micrometer insert for same, it will make a lot of difference in your use of the press. Good luck, and enjoy!