View Single Post

Old 10-29-2010, 05:43 AM

Liked 119 Times in 73 Posts

Secret, Unlisted S&W Stocks?

What's the deal with these?
I want a pair! Are they available only to selected insiders? is there a secret, unlisted stock number?
A special code to enter in the S&W voicemail?

My 625-3 NEEDS these..

Sir,

I found out about them on the "N Frame grips on a L Frame post" in this area of the forum. Called S&W Customer Service with the info from the post I mentioned for the unadvertised grips and they had two pairs left. I wish I would have bought both as they are FANTASTIC for the 52.00 which included shipping IMS. Last I heard they were waiting for more to come in. They are made by Altamont(sp) for S&W. They look way better in person and so does the 657. I just suck at taking pics.

These grips looked like thay would hurt. I had to trim the screw as it was to long and slapped em on and commenced to firing it on the firing line for an evening qualification shoot. It handled the snappy Gold Dots with ease. My light reloads felt like shooting a 4" 686 with .38's. Very secure grip and the 657 points well with them. There is a gap on the bottom of the backstrap if you look at the pics. Was concerned about that but after firing it with the magnums was really surprized on how well they fit my small hand and absorbed the recoil. I can live easily with that gap and the price is way better than the way overpriced combats.

I'm going back for another pair for my 6" 57 thats getting my version of a Jovino makeover. I abhor the S&W Combat Grips for shooting hard recoiling rounds as they litreally chew my hands up and the FG's do not fit my fingers. These on the other hand fith like the proverbial glove.

Your already beautiful 625 will look fantastic with these! That is my next S&W BTW. Tom Turner has a beautiful 25-2 that he made over and it's a beaut. Happy shopping and please let me know via PM if they have any left.

R/

Roger/SG

Last edited by Sportsterguy; 10-29-2010 at 05:45 AM.