View Single Post

Old 10-29-2010, 06:24 PM
US Veteran

Liked 546 Times in 226 Posts

If I understand correctly, the Kel-Tec company is sort of a newer and improved version of the old Grendel company. I'm not saying that the new Kel-Tec pistol is just a rehash of the older Grendel P-30...I have no idea what the differences or similarities may be.

But...I do own 2 of the 30 round Grendels P-30s. They have always fled flawlessly for me, though I have mostly fed them Winchester Super-X 40 gr. solids and HPs. They were so troublefree that I decided to acquire about 6 mags for each of them, and put back about 2,000 rounds of the Super-X HPs. Never had the slightest problem with either, and easily capable of hitting man-sized targets out to 50 yards, and 100 yards was not too difficult either...for a pistol, that is.

If the new Kel-Tecs are improved versions of the Grendels, they should be excellent pistols. The only negative I can see with the Grendel is it seems it could be a bit fragile, though I've had no issues yet. I've heard if you drop fully loaded 30 round mags from just a few feet high, they have a tendency to implode, though I've never witnessed this. Hopefully the new mags will be more robust, and it'd be a real boon if they will work in the Grendels, though I find it somewhat unlikely.

Tim