View Single Post

Old 10-29-2010, 10:11 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,092 Times in 1,249 Posts

Do Targets count?

Sure they do. Targets count, stray Colts count, even .32 Longs numbered within the .32-20 series count (like we would ever be inundated with .32 Longs numbered within the .32-20 series).

It would be great to see them all. I've always been keen on the .32-20 as a revolver cartridge as well as a rifle cartridge. I'd love a 6-inch Colt Army Special in .32-20 too.

Who on the Forum has the lowest number and who has the highest number. Any information from factory letters or connections with family histories or law enforcement would be welcome. Model revisions and changes in markings could be noted as well. Those who still shoot theirs regularly could post tales and favorite loads. We could even speculate whether Robert Johnson was referring to a Colt or a Smith & Wesson in his song ".32-20 Blues."

Hey Mike Priwer;

You refer to your second revolver as .32 Long. I assume that means .32 S&W Long rather than the obsolete .32 Long Colt. Is it marked ".32 Long?" That revolver has to be a major rarity. Any idea of the total production or if it was a special order?

Even your early .32-20 Target must be uncommon with a 4-inch barrel.
The Following User Likes This Post: