View Single Post

Old 10-30-2010, 08:47 AM

Liked 4,916 Times in 1,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw282 View Post
AIMED Point Shooting or P&S

l have posted this link before. lt covers 150 years of documented shootings by New York Police Dept since 1854. Seems caliber is Zero. bullet shape is Zero. Velocity is zero. Gun capacity is also Zero.
Seems ONLY thing that counts is "bullet placement"

After 40yrs my little Chiefs Special w/5 rds is STILL enough
"BULLET EFFICIENCY

During the period 1970 through 1979, the Police inflicted 10 casualties for every one suffered at the hands of their assailants.

In all of the cases investigated, one factor stood out as a proper measure of bullet efficiency. It was not the size, shape, configuration, composition, caliber, or velocity of the bullet.

Bullet placement was the cause of death or an injury that was serious enough to end the confrontation."

Of course what they fail to tell you is that all NYPD was using for guns at that time was .38 Special with 158 grain RNL or SWC bullets at 750 fps...I would rather have a .22 Magnum...

As to the .22 Magnum in handguns I love the round especially for small game hunting. I've had four M48s, three 6" (two with the extra LR cylinder) and one 4" that I still own....

Can't remember what the year of manufacture is but I think it is early 1970s...

The Long Rifle cylinder had not even been IN the gun when I bought it about 6 years ago...not even a turn mark.

Previous owner put in a 1950s vintage hammer that matches nicely with a 1951 Combat Masterpiece I have...

..and where the Combats came from I have no clue but they were made well after the gun was made...

The Mag is very accurate...so far I have been very lucky in that all the 48s I've had with Long Rifle cylinders have been also accurate with them...

Bob
The Following 3 Users Like Post: