View Single Post

Old 11-03-2010, 11:28 PM

Liked 80 Times in 43 Posts

Skip, I don't much care for the feature on the 650 that advances the primer even if a ctg. case isn't present to accept the primer. But at least they do now have a little trough that they collect in. The early ones just dropped those primers on the floor. I would like to see this loader prime the way the 1050 does; on the downstroke of the operating handle. This would prevent the need to make sure the primers were properly seated on cases with a tight primer pocket. They absolutely positively would be properly seated. No guessing, just as it is on the 1050.

The SDB; I would like to see a couple of things changed. There needs to be a shell retainer at station one where the brass is inserted. Something like on the 550. This would allow production of another 100 rds. per hour IMHO. I found if you tried anything like speed the ctg. case would often slip back and the brass be ruined as it was out of position. I would also like to see this press available in many more calibers that what it is. I would also like to see a SD Super that would load some of the shorter rifle calibers like .223 and 7.62X39, maybe even .308.

The 550 and the 1050 I wouldn't change at all. Well actually I would like to see one thing different on the 550. Spent primer residue tends to accumulate where the primer slide moves back and forth. No biggy because I can just blow it off with compressed air but it would be nice if the priming system was changed to allow for priming on station two.