View Single Post

Old 11-04-2010, 06:18 PM

Liked 649 Times in 184 Posts
Default DX info

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMusic View Post
I think the DX came from the custom shop. I have an 8 3/8 Classic and can't imagine how the DX is better. But I bet it is.
This is incorrect. The DX guns were not "custom shop" or performance center guns. They were simply "deluxe" versions of the classic series. The DX versions (as Batmann mentioned) came with 2 grips (Hogue and Morado wood) and also had interchangable front sight blades. The 6.5 and 8.75 inch barrel lengths came with a test target. They are more of a limited production than the regular classic line.

Some people suggest that these guns were "hand selected" as the most accurate of the bunch within the classic models, however, I am more inclined to believe this is mostly marketing hype (as others have mentioned) and these models were simply fired and met whatever the accuracy standard was, however, this doesn't mean any of the standard production models did NOT meet the standard, rather the DX models were simply labeled (and marketed) as such.

Here's a couple photos of a 29-5 DX 5 inch, which I'm told was a fairly limited run, maybe 1,500.

IC

Last edited by Inspector-Callahan; 11-04-2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: photos
The Following 8 Users Like Post: