View Single Post

Old 11-05-2010, 11:04 AM

Liked 50 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpower View Post
Apologies for my rant...

I began this reply with my apology then began thinking about the things wrong with the Dillon. I've owned both the SDB and the 550B.

Suffice it to say I understand you like to tinker with things and that's great. I do not plan to argue the issues I have had with these products but it does go back to profit/customer service. Here's why.

I should not call the fine folks at Dillon and get two different answers for the same question. To be fair one question had to do with the SDB and the other had to do with the 550B. Both were regarding the adjustment bolt on the charge bar. In the 1st instance I had mentioned, in chatting with them, I could turn the charge bar adjustment bolt with my fingers. They said that's a no-no and they would send me a new charge bar. In the 2nd instance this time with the 550B I got a different response. This other fellow said thats ok!
So which is it? It all started because of crazy powder drops that were all over the place.

Ok then, problem child. Powder drops being very erractic.
Response..different powders can cause inconsistancies in the charge.

How long have these folks been in business? Why can I go on line and find "fixes" for this problem? If there is a fix for a more accurate powder drop and Dillon is charging an arm and a leg because its a great product why don't they go back to the drawing board and fix it instead of charging big bucks for additional accessories?

Instead I get inconsistant answers to something that should not be an issue in the first place.

What does it all mean? A 550B is supposed to load how many rounds per hour? It's not what is advertised unless you don't care how much of what is in that cartridge you just dropped a charge into.

Here's a Co. that makes miniguns!

How about turning a little bit of those big bucks they charge for reloading things back into the actual equipment and fixing it instead of sending out the same old loader parts over and over.

Tinkering is fine in it's place but I don't feel I should have work up a fix, pay and/or wait due to a Co that, from what I see, isn't really interested in its customers.

I've only loaded around 6000 rounds in the 550B to date, to include 30-06, .243, .308, 6.5X55, 9MM, .38, .357, 44Spec, .44 Mag, .45ACP. I could'nt really say how many in that SDB but I'd bet it was only around 8000 9MM's and >45ACPs.

I get great CS from Dillon and have for over 25 years I also check this site for Q&A regarding Dillon products.

Dillon Precision Reloading Equipment - Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When I first started shooting SASS in 1988 I was reloading around 50,000 rds a year on my 450/550/550b (upgraded the same machine).
I am now using 2-650's. and the same OLD 550b. They are great.