View Single Post

Old 11-06-2010, 06:02 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Red face Back Orders /Production Time for S&W's

Hey Guys give me a real response to my question. Does anyone know how long it will take once my dealer places his order with S&W before he receives it. My dealer (large gun shop) ordered me a Model 617 (6" barrel) along with a Model 627 Pro back in September. I know the 617 is a hot item, but this seems to be a long time to wait. I want these toys so I can have something new to play with. My other toys are old and boring. Thank you for any updates.

11-12-2010: Updated...I called my dealer and there is no delay with the Model 627 Pro. The Model 617 (6") is on the S&W Production Schedule and I "should" have it in 4-8 weeks. It is almost a 2 hour drive (one way) to my dealer, so I will wait until both arrive. Also, Scooter, it is worth the wait as I am saving more then $100 on the 627 Pro then what you say Sports South sells them for. The Model 617 will be $100+ less than what I am paying for the 627 Pro. The dealer told me I was getting them for a good price because I was referred by a good friend of his.
Thanks for all the hints given, and I did call S&W which concurred with the info my dealer gave me. So now I will just wait.

Last edited by Grommet; 11-13-2010 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Updated information