Thread: WoW M & P 9 MM
View Single Post

Old 11-07-2010, 08:53 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default M&P9c issues

I bought the M&P 9mm compact model last year. I bought it brand new. Since then, I have had to send it in twice. First time was because the slide was starting to rust. Got it back, and the replacement slide had dents and knicks in it that shouldn't have been there. I sent a couple hundred rounds through it, and then a chunk of the inside barrel came out. Got it back again, now I have another defect in the barrel, and the ejector is now rusting. Not impressed with the quality control at all! I caution everyone to thoroughly research any known problems. Shortly after purchasing mine, I found reports of police departments banning the M&P9c and the M&P9 from being carried as a service pistol. I believe they were still allowing the M&P40 though.

As far as firing problems, I have had none. It works very reliably in single shot, double, and triple tap firing. I bought the high capacity mags for it, and I can unload the entire magazine without any function problems. However, the polymer frame guides are getting bent over and messed up due to use.

Last edited by CBatross; 11-07-2010 at 09:04 PM.