View Single Post

Old 11-08-2010, 11:03 PM

Liked 42 Times in 19 Posts

Good Evening, Gentlemen.

As a hard-core .41 fan, I have really enjoyed perusing this thread!! Well done, to one and all, for sharing your great .41's with the rest of us fans!

I have "more than a few" .41's, but only one .44. My .41 stable includes an American Derringer, too, which is a REAL handful to shoot with heavy bullets!! It's the only gun I've ever fired that, upon pulling the trigger, felt like it was going to come back and smack me in the forehead!! YIKES!

I bought my first .41 back in 1986, in Colorado, from the owner of a nice little gunshop. It was actually his wife's gun, a nice Ruger Blackhawk New Model, 6.5" barrel. He sold it to me for just $180, and after I shot that gun, I've never looked back!! Love the caliber, and the guns that shoot it!! I'll try to dig out a few of mine, and post photos here.

I have to credit some of the old gun writers for convincing me that the .41 was "enough" gun for must anything that needed to be done with a handgun! Amongst them were: Evan Marshall, Dick Metcalf, Skeeter Skelton, Frank Petrini, Bob Milek, Dean Grennell, and a few others who wrote glowingly about the .41 magnum. I've been hooked since that first one came to live with us, in '86, and I don't see that addiction changing anytime soon. Thanks, again, for sharing your great .41's, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc