View Single Post

Old 11-09-2010, 11:27 AM

Liked 425 Times in 143 Posts
Default Smith and Wesson Model 66 21/2 inches

Dear Mr Texas Star

Thank you very much for your information on the Smith Model 66.
First of all I have to find a revolver used in very good shape or new, then,I will adopt the 15% .357Mag ammo diet to make it last!!!!!,using .38 Special for practice.
I will be using the Model 66 snubnose for fast draw matches at 15yds, called here in my Country FBI contest, also as home defense handgun, and occasionaly for shooting at 25 to 50yds in the outdoors or the range, it is very accurate even with a short 21/2 inches barrel.
I own a Model 10-9 in .38 Special "pencil barrel" it has 4 inches barrel and its a real pleasure to shoot out to 50yds!!!, plincking with empty peaches cans!!!
Its a 2 to 21/2 inches grouper at 25yds using standard Lead 158-150gr bullet, using wadcutter Match 158gr ammo it makes 1 to 11/2 inches groups at the same distance!!!, very "forgiving" gun to learn revolver shooting my wife and sons loves it!! ideal for the people who does not shoot very often, thats why I call it very "forgiving"gun it forgives human errors!!!!!!!!!!!!!......
I am also enthusiast of your Classic Texas Songs among them my favorite is YELLOW ROSE OF TEXAS this song reminds me the Country life and the Outdoors!!!

Best Regards
Roberto Renauld
The Following User Likes This Post: