View Single Post

Old 11-09-2010, 03:02 PM
US Veteran

Liked 33,569 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Star View Post
Maybe one of our FBI agents will tell us if Reid is a possible member of the profiling division. I think the Bureau now bans all revolvers on duty. But on TV...
T-Star
I don't watch the show, but T-Star is correct that there are NO revolvers authorized in today's Bureau. It is strictly Glocks, SWAT Springfields, and grandfathered Sigs.

That said, back when revolvers were authorized a retiring agent sold me a square butt Model 36 for exactly what he had paid for it - $110. A copper I worked with made sad eyes at me until I sold it to him for the same amount, since he didn't have an off-duty gun. That fella later came into the Bureau and got the little Chief put on his authorized list. Years passed, revolvers were made verboten, and my interest in Smiths grew. I called him and reminded him of the great deal I made him and offered to buy that little gun back, at a profit to him. He cleared his throat and said it was on his ankle as we spoke. So - there may be some still out there, but they sure aren't worn out in the open.