View Single Post

Old 11-10-2010, 12:09 AM
US Veteran

Liked 2,270 Times in 285 Posts

We're glad to help. Like with all .32 S&W long revolvers, each is "fussy" about what ammo a particular specimen "likes."

DC's "likes" wadcutters (most probably do too), but mine didn't. On the other hand, mine "likes" lead round nose! Go figure. In any case, pick up a couple of boxes of different stuff and have some real fun with that gun!

Here's what mine did with Fiocchi 97gr. lead round nose recently, shot at 10 yards (from a bench) at little 1" black square targets with 1" round florescent stick-on dot targets attached.

In both cases, five-shot groups measured an inch or less, and nearly dead-on for point of aim.

Low noise and negligible recoil make shooting .32 long ammo about as fun as .22LR!

Here are all four groups from that target, and you'll see that the two groups on top, shot with target wadcutter (also Fiocchi) were not nearly as accurate in my specimen . . .
BTW, the three holes on the left side are the 3-ring notebook paper holes on my homemade black square target sheets. I put a piece of colored paper below the target so you could better see the holes. As you can see too, wadcutter bullets make surgically clean holes, but round nose bullets tear paper and make little holes, even though bullet diameter is the same. Hope this helps . . .

T.

PS: Naturally, check out the revolver and make sure it is still in fine operating condition first. If you don't know how, a local gun shop can do this for you at a very nominal fee.

I recently bought mine and it was as good as new, operationally. The round front sight DOES make one have to be a little more careful with getting perfect sight alignment . . . but these guns can SHOOT . . . even after nearly 100 years!

Treasure . . . and enjoy!

Last edited by tom turner; 11-10-2010 at 12:16 AM.