View Single Post

Old 11-10-2010, 11:00 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

BG380LEO,
Brilliant idea on fixing an inactive button on the laser site. I had two inactive buttons when using my thumb but both worked if I pushed with my finger nail. Not pleasant. Based on your proceedure, I did both buttons and now they work with ease. Thanks for the insight. I made a few discoveries that may help others that follow your proceedure.
1. Didn't have a hollow tube from a Q-tip. Found that an ink tube from a ball point pen was perfect.
2. Cut the tip off a wooden toothpick and inserted it in the heated/rolled end to hold it while heating the other end. The toothpick also helped keep the hole from melting shut.
3. For the life of me I couldn't insert the button back into the hole to reset the "flange". I took the laser site off "see manual". It made it much easier to push the button back in place.
4. While the laser was removed, I found I could push the tube onto the nipple of the second button without removing it. Used a tweezer to place the tube over the nipple, removed tweezer and insert it through the laser lens hole and pushed the tube in place while holding the button with my other thumb to prevent it from falling out. With a little patience it worked well and the button remained in place.

Both buttons activate the laser with ease. The locking pin and the laser button fixes now makes my BG380 the perfect CC. Hope Smith picks up on your idea. Between all of us, we'll help Smith make a much better 380.

By the by: they finally replaced my EAA6xxx, with the take down pin problem, with a new framed EAB5xxx. Shoots like a charm and the lock down pin stays in place.

Last edited by Sawdust25; 11-10-2010 at 11:03 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: