View Single Post

Old 11-10-2010, 11:11 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,270 Times in 285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon View Post
I have a .32 cal. S&W, 4-1/4" barrel (measured from front of cylinder to muzzle); seven patent dates on barrel range from March 27, 94 to Sept. 14, 09 (inherited it from my grandfather). The nickel coating is pretty badly worn, but the gun is mechanically solid; the best I can gather from your forums is that it's only worth about $200-$250 in that condition, but it's a perfect home firearm for personal protection. My problem is finding ammunition; our local gun shop only had target-shooting "wad-cutters," which I suspect wouldn't have much stopping power for personal protection. I would like to buy a box of standard round-nose cartridges, but they're hard to find. Is there an online source, or does anyone know of a source near Atlanta, GA? Thanks--
--"Boon"
Welcome to the forum!

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about wadcutters. They are actually very good self defense rounds, due to the very clean wound channel they make . . . as opposed to the lead round nose type bullets that generally punch a hole that's much easier to close up as the bullet enters the flesh.

I carry wadcutters a lot in my .38 snubbies . . . as well as wadcutters for self defense in my Model 1903 .32 revolver!

Check places like Bass Pro Shops, Cabellas, as well as most decent gun shops in the Atlanta area and I'll bet you'll find several varieties of .32 S&W Long ammo. Ammo supplies are finally freeing up again!

Also, if you'll post a new thread about finding .32 revolver ammo in the Atlanta area, several Georgians from that area are quite liable to see it and answer your question!

I'd post it in this sub-forum AND the 1961-1980 forum too so various folks see your question.

Again, welcome to the forum but warning . . . this place . . . and wanting MORE S&W revolvers becomes a hopeless addiction indeed!!!

Tom