View Single Post

Old 11-10-2010, 11:46 PM

Liked 1,487 Times in 705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburg View Post
Hold on here for just a moment. The Toyota example and the S&W one where they "allow you to buy (as in add more of your cash)" are completely different.

In the Toyota truck instance, they were offering a $4000 credit on the purchase of a new truck. They were giving nothing. Just a pitch to get you into another truck, which you had to buy. I have a buddy who refused their "generous" offer. They ended up replacing the frame for him, plus some other parts at no charge. He could have spent $25,000 more and gotten a new truck, which he didn't want and couldn't afford.

With S&W, telling you they're keeping (stealing) your old gun and offering you a 22 for $400 is a real ripoff. Can you just see the pickets at the SHOT show with the sign "S&W Steals customers firearms!". And then out in front of their headquarters. Yes, you'd have to travel. But the thing would be a public relations nightmare for them.

If you must hire an attorney to recover your own property they kept because they "felt" it was unsafe, you need to go into demonstration mode. Offering you a minor discount to save them a potential liability just doesn't cut it. You send them a nice note demanding your property back. If they refuse, hunt them down and kill them. OK, maybe that's not so legal. Just like what they did in stealing your gun.

So you get on the internet on every gun related board you can find and tell the story as it happened. Give them or any other firm trying that **** a black eye.
I tried just what you're advocating and was told by one forum that they would not allow my post for fear of litigation because I called a company thieves for taking my money and not returning an ordered product. Be careful what you say on these forums.