View Single Post

Old 11-11-2010, 12:19 AM

Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts

Just traded a couple days ago for serial # 2065XX. Its barrel is 3 and an eighth inches, its monogrammed black rubber grips are near new condition, and its blue is about 95% but some rust has spider webbed around on the sideplate (right side)where its small S&W logo is located. I guess this is one of the "few" the SCSW mentions as sporting its logo in this location.

This little 1903-5th Change looks just like the .32 I inherited from my g-great dad, but that gun's serial # (3214XX) indicates its a .32 HE 3rd Model. Its S&W logo is on the left side below the thumb piece, where the SCSW says it should be. Pap carved his initials and 1924 in its right grip panel. Its grips are otherwise identical to the older gun's grips. Its blue shows a lot of wear and its grips are nearly worn slick, all of which is priceless to me as one family member or another put all that wear on there. No excuse for not yet lettering this old Smith.

Both shoot down the middle.

My reason for trading for the 1903-5th Change is that it will give me a pair of .32s I can shoot in a cowboy action match that allows early double actions in a special class. Just thought it would be cool to shoot a match with my great grand dad's old revolver.