View Single Post

Old 11-11-2010, 10:34 AM

Liked 9,184 Times in 3,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bountyhunter View Post
It's funny: on a 1911 forum I posted a truthful statement about the poor quality cast extractors Para Ordnance put on a gun I paid about $1000 for and how a couple of other parts sucked.

Not long after, I received a PM from the man who is in charge of parts at para offering me replacement parts...... seriously. They do read the forums, truth has a lot of power these days.
A construction company where I was the network and PC guy used an architectural CAD program called Archicad. It was a great program, oddly enough written in Hungary. Unfortunately, their customer support staff in San Francisco were some of the worst I've EVER seen. They'd lie to you about the product, then blame YOU for believing the lie they told you. One of our architects had a problem with some features. I tried to call customer support and got nowhere. They wouldn't even return calls. Finally, I posted my question on a usenet CAD newsgroup, noting the problems I'd had with the "support" people in San Francisco. Somebody in the newsgroup emailed me wanting to know what kind of problems I'd had with support. I gave him a quick summary and thought nothing else of it.

A few days later, I got a phone call in the office. The guy had an accent thicker than Alan Grayson's skull. I finally was able to make out something like "This is Istvan at Archicad in Hungary". He asked if I was the guy who had complained about support. I told him that I was. He replied that he was very sorry for the rudeness and lack of support and that they'd sacked their entire U.S. support staff and hired new personnel who WOULD help customers.

Yes, companies DO pay attention to what people say about them and even occasionally do constructive things about it.