View Single Post

Old 11-14-2010, 03:19 PM

Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by russp1 View Post
Looking for a holster for my S&W 442 and I don't think in pocket will work for me (jeans too tight) though I like the idea. I'm looking at both Uncle Mike's Hidden Hammer Super Belt Slide and the Galco Cop 3 Slot; similar design but different materials. Any other ideas?

Also, for my wife's in purse 642, should she have a holster or would this just make it too hard to access?
Hi,
The Uncle Mike's Hidden Hammer Super Belt Slide Holster
(#6340-1) was the first holster I purchased for my 642...I've used it over a year now and really like it a LOT.
It's comfortable and you forget you're packin the revolver...I really like the security of the retention system too; I can draw the weapon "easy", but someone else cannot...this is important to me...not only if in a hand to hand combat scenerio, but also if one of my small children charges at me "unexpectedly"...I am confident it stays secure.
I normally wear it cross-draw, as I find this works well under a variety of conditions.

I did recently decide to try a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster too..."for me", it's just not as user-friendly...
The holster itself is great, but pocket carry in my pants just isn't workin...The revolver feels bulky and prints badly with my build/type of pants and also I worry about being able to draw the revolver when seated...
However, in a Jacket pocket it would be a good option; so glad to have it as an addition.

Good luck with your selection!