View Single Post

Old 11-17-2010, 08:30 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens View Post
If you have ever had the misfortune to be an a hijacked plane, my family and I have, you probably wouldn't mind the idea of passengers being screened or subjected to pat downs before boarding at all. I know I don't, and I sure don't think anyone (much less muslims) should be exempt regardless of their beliefs or customs. Don't like it, don't fly!
Steve
Oh, I got that message loud and clear! I will NOT willingly fly on a commercial airline. The combo of terrorists, lousy maintenance, drunk pilots, aircraft wear/fatigue, and obtrusive security keep me away from air travel.

Now, tell us about the hijackers. Were they of an ethnicity that should have gotten them "profiled"? Where were their weapons (which ones?) carried, or were they cached aboard by corrupt airline workers? Glad that you and your family survived, BTW. You have a unique perspective on the matter.

Was your aircraft hijacked here or in some other country? What was the security procedure? Where do you feel that it failed? How were you rescued?

Thanks,

T-Star