View Single Post

Old 11-18-2010, 10:46 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

For my first post, except my introduction as new member, I am glad to show you my antiques S&W.

The first photo below presents Two Russian Model 3, the first one is a Third Model with a 6 1/2 inches barrel, commercial production.
The second one is a Second Model (old model Russian) with a 7 inches barrel, Japanese government variation with the "REISSUE" stamping intead of "Rusian Model"

The third one is a First Model Schofield with a 7 inches barrel. It is the military version with the "US" on the but. This gun has propably been resold on the civilian market and has been renickled for that purpose. It was blued when delivered in July 1875 to the National Armory, Spingfield, MA (info given by Roy G. Jinks in the letter of Authenticity).

On the photo below, the first one is a New Model N°3 Single Action with a 6 1/2 inches barrel in 44 Russian. The second one is a 38 Single Action Third Model. It is an interesting piece because it's SN is in the first 100 with a non standard marking on the barrel. We can notice that it is quite similar in contour to the New Model 3, like a "shrinked" New Model !

Last edited by Philing; 11-19-2010 at 05:02 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: