View Single Post

Old 11-18-2010, 01:12 PM

Liked 3,387 Times in 1,107 Posts
Default Counterpoint

Okay, here's the "other side." I don't care to what degree I am searched at an airport. And, if you think the TSA folks get a thrill outta patting down people, you are seriously deluded. Did anyone see the obese female who complains she was groped and assaulted? Oh, please! Doubt she's been touched in any manner in quite some time.

I have been aboard 8 airline flights in the last five weeks. Have been through TSA checkpoints in Baltimore, Philadelphia, Boston, Charlotte, and Key West. Have been through the total view thingee, too. Thank goodness I was wearing u-trou but really doubt the viewer got a thrill. In fact, likely he/she felt better about themself after catching a glimpse of me.

Now I travel because I like to; for many years I had to. No worries then or now. Suspect many of the folks who feel they are somehow "victims" of TSA feel similarly regarding the Wal-Mart folks who ask them for a receipt. (But let's not revisit any of those threads!)

Also suspect that many of those who object to TSA are the ones toting two suitcases for a weekend trip and try to drag them about to stow overhead as if the rules don't apply to them...just to others.

One more thing: Guarantee I have traveled aboard commercial aircraft far more time than 99% of those on this Forum. In all my travels, have never, ever, had a bag lost, and on only two occasions had a bag delayed to the degree I left the airport without it. Nope, no one stole my gear...including a gun that was in just about every one of my checked bags...including those delayed.

Okay, rant off!

Be safe.