View Single Post

Old 11-18-2010, 05:30 PM

Liked 9,465 Times in 4,245 Posts

Thanks Jim and David! I was thinking along the same lines as you, Jim, on the WonderSight. Although it is still available new (they even have a website!) I'm still not convinced it is the way to go. I thought about milling the top bar of the frame for a post-War K-type sight, but was a little worried about strength issues. There isn't but so much "meat" there, and I assume the frame, like the cylinder, is less thoroughly heat treated than later issues(?) I may experiment on an orphan .32 HE I-frame I have also mentioned here from time to time, see how that works out first, then progress to the .32-20.

In a perfect world I would find an affordable K-32 and have a late K-frame cylinder rebored to .32-20, but that would really run into some (unavailable levels of) shekels!

Neither of these projects is likely to be a carry gun to bet my life on, but for the fine pastime of "woods loafing" either of these should suit the bill nicely for engaging targets of opportunity. All for now, but again thanks for your input.

Regards,
Charlie, the Frog