View Single Post

Old 11-20-2010, 07:05 AM

Liked 336 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by P@R Fan View Post
Please don't hate me, but for reliability in a semi-auto I don't think anything tops a Glock. Yeah, they're ugly as sin, but they work. The fact that they're in something like 60% of the police holsters in this country says something. I own three, a G22, G23 and G27, all .40 caliber. I trust them implicitly and have for about 14 years.
For a revolver, a K, L or N-Frame S&W is tops, especially in .38 Spl. or .357 Magnum. The Rugers are very good too, and probably stronger.
There are cheaper makers out there, but these will get you through the night.....And back again.
Glocks are dependable guns. While not expensive, they look cheaper than they are.

Glock is not finding new markets in the US and losing some of their old markets at alarming rates. S&W and Sig are digging into the base of Glock's business. It has also been learned over time that Glocks are not as safe as originally thought.

Yet the bottom line is Glock virtually gave agencies across the US their guns so cheap that bidding against Glock on contracts was useless. It was shown in one mid size city that Glock gave the person with the final decision as to what to buy a $100 gift for each gun the town bought. The guy went with Glock, then retired and then got his money from Glock.

The same happened with foreign autos. Some makers sent cars over here offering zero down, zero interest and six yr financing. Naturally the roads are filled with them and they are being found to not be the dependable cars originally thought. US makers have a difficult time competing with that.