View Single Post

Old 11-20-2010, 06:21 PM
US Veteran

Liked 473 Times in 236 Posts

Who needs adjustable sights? It's just more complication added to the gun, if S&W did their job at the factory the fixed sight guns are already dead-on.

I won a local "Ham shoot" shooting playing cards at 25 yards with my 64-7, outshot some guys with semi-auto pistols with target sights....granted there were only about 7 people shooting for the ham in that round and I don't think any of them were shooting with any seriousness to actually win........ but my "inaccurate fixed sight" lowly .38 came through for me. Hey the guy with the wheelgun with the broken off rear sight won! hahaha

I have a 10-5 6" that will shoot circles around pretty much anything I've got with adjustable sights.......and yes, it even hangs in there with my 8 3/8" Model 14. Not many would believe how truly tight this gun shoots with plain ole' 158 gr. LRN unless I let them shoot it themselves, but this gun was built right back in '74! It's the gun I use to prove the "fixed sights are no good for accuracy" people wrong, DEAD wrong! Many have eaten these words with tabasco on top after I posted pics and videos of what this 10-5 can do at 50-100 yards. I set it up for SA shooting because frankly none of my other iron-sight revolvers can touch it for accuracy. The only revolvers that shoot better are those with scopes on them.......

I just got back from shooting my 10-14 with 130 gr. +P at 50 yards out in the backyard, put a group on a silhouette target that most would swear came out of a 6" 586 or something like that.

Last edited by stantheman86; 11-20-2010 at 06:23 PM.