View Single Post

Old 11-22-2010, 08:53 PM

Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Default CCW in NY State (questions)

Hi,
Been reading a bit on the internet in regard to CCW Permits in NY State and there seems to be some confusion by some and this has got me wondering about a couple things myself;

1. My understanding is that current law states that carry is "concealed only"...is that correct?

2. Also, many carry permits issued now have restrictions, (hunting-target-camping-hiking etc.); so with them restrictions, obviously, that's when you should be carrying...however, what about when your in between activities; in example would be when your out hunting and go to town for lunch...are you within the law to go into stores/diners to eat etc. with the handgun on you? Or are you suppose to lock the handgun in a vehicle?
I know I would want to keep the weapon in my possesion...suppose your riding in a friends vehicle, where multiple persons are riding...I would not want to take the chance of leaving it...
Or if the vehicle was stolen etc.

Anyway, I obtained my "pistol permit" back in 92 and wondering what the current law is??? My permit doesn't even say CCW Permit...It says;
"License to carry pistol is hereby granted"

Thanks for any help!