View Single Post

Old 11-26-2010, 04:43 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok, it looks like I'm in the right group to start participating in the S&W M&P plus cousins forum. New girl here, and this is my first post since doing an intro. Thanks to all who read and reply to my query. I have a 4035 tactical DAO, and just recently acquired the new SD 40. I like em both, but the tactical is loosing popularity with me as my aging fingers bellyache about the loooooong harrrrd trigger pull. And my old vision corrected eyes are wishing for an optical gun sight that won't make em strain. So here's my question; Are the HOLOgraphic sights the better way to go when abandoning the iron sights? If this is the best option, then how does one go about attaching these little windows to the top of the reciever. My guess is that I need some kind of adapter that slides into the dovetail slot after removing the rear sight. Otherwise I'd need to get a picatiny rail installed between the rear dovetail slot and the ejection port. I'll want to do this mod to both weapons eventually but I'll start with the 4035 since the SD is my cc choice and needs to remain compact. And too, it has the nice little glow bug Trijicon up front that I'd like to keep operable for potential dusk and dawn encounters.
Thanks for considering this question, Scooter

Last edited by AKrazy1; 11-26-2010 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Forgot an important point. I already have a streamlight TLR-2 for the lower frame rail