Thread: bayonet?
View Single Post

Old 11-29-2010, 02:22 AM
US Veteran

Liked 43 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, yeah, I did want it just for show. I can't imagine actually using the bayonet, unless the impending zombie apocalypse comes sooner than expected...
There is nothing wrong with wanting a bayonet for any reason or no reason. Part of the attraction the M-1 Garand and any weapon with a military foundational provenance is the historical significance and I like to have a bayonets for them.
I read they quit training bayonet in the Army and I think that is too bad. It was fun and somehow it started you thinking there could be a link between yourself and the "real" soldiers, dads, uncles, grandpas, not just kids like us. I guess the modern equipment and such , means they have no time for such an obsolete weapon.
Even back then we knew that for us to be fixing bayonets , so many things had to go wrong in a row that it was going to be a very bad day.

Actually I do fix bayonet and run around the house doing the short thrust,hold, withdraw. long thrust ,Vertical butt stroke, slash, horizontal butt stroke, jab, slash. The grand kids think it is funnier that "Drunken Master kung fu disaster"..