View Single Post

Old 12-01-2010, 12:28 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 774 Times in 375 Posts

No disrespect meant here cp1969. Just a difference of opinions. It's what makes this whole hobby interesting, and a valuable source of educational material.

I'm a big fan of EK, but he wasn't right about everything. He had his opinions, and seldom do not agree with them. here I do, and so do John Linebaugh, John taffin, and brian Pearce. Three men whom I choose to listen to since they have access to al current and older designs, and they do an awful lot of penetration testing with them all. See the Linebaugh penetration seminar tests-
Linebaugh Seminar Penetration Tests

If you'll notice, the best penertators are most always the LFN's or WFN's.

I have shot a few of our large whitetails with the H&G #68 200 grain scw at 1,000 fps from a 1911, and they pass through them like a hot knife going though warm butter. Those are stubby little buggers in the grand scheme of things.

If the round nose was a better penetrator, then al the big bullet companies wouldn't be listening to Afircan PH's on which way they should be designing their bullets. Most are finally wising up and going to the flat nose design with their FMJ's. Reason? Straighter and deeper penetration.

I rely on what works for me on animals far more than what worked in some test tube gelatin. It simply isn't the same as an animal, and that's what I hunt.

I dunno, maybe I'm missing out on something here. Anyone ever eat one of them test tube innards?