View Single Post

Old 12-02-2010, 12:10 AM

Liked 44 Times in 33 Posts

Here's one bought new by a friend who never fired it, however when he set it up he left it cocked and forgotten for 37 years. I gave him $400 for the gun, replaced the recoil spring, firing pin spring, hammer spring and removed the magazine safety.

It was then test fired again (Failed to fire over 50% first and stoved pipped most of those) this time it didn't miss a lick with 4 brands, standard Centurion solid 38 gr, Remington Golden 38 gr HP, Federal solids, and CCI Stinger(?) 1640 fps muzzle velocity and the fire that came out the end of the barrel from the CCI was visible 1 PM on a summer day.

The gun was amazingly accurate and 100% for the test. Cleaned it, and stored it in the gun safe. Was thinking about carrying it, but rimfire is not a primary CCW by no means. That said it beats a pocket knife.

PS: That was just two magazines each of the test ammo for total of 40 rounds second test, with 12 to 14 from first test that it failed. Love the little gun and it wll replace my Sig P238 when I get to old to deal with the 380 recoil. It is one sweat little pocket gun, and 100% reliable and accurate, every thing my Colt Mustang wasn't.

Last edited by Old Navy; 12-02-2010 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Round count