View Single Post

Old 12-02-2010, 11:24 PM
US Veteran

Liked 35 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfi71 View Post
Nice .45. ..... But...it is a bit of a "strange concept". I think it is too large to carry in normal concealed circumstances, except for maybe offensive linemen in the NFL. It might work if a normal to bigger sized person goes about with a coat or jacket on. ..... On people targets it should do well. But if you're in agreement with my thoughts, you won't be carrying it in concealment as much as carrying it walking around the woods. Therefore, if I was going hiking in my territory I might carry it and I might not.
I guess I don't much agree. I've carried mine concealed ever since I bought it new (I'm fairly large, 6'3" & 220, but certainly not the size of an NFL lineman.) I carry mine year round and rarely under a jacket. In the summer it conceals easily under a cotton t-shirt. I only carry it IWB in either a Sparks VM2 or a Concealco. Otherwise it prints pretty bad. The weight doesn't bother me either although I have to admit I sometimes carry my 396NG in the same holsters. I don't carry it in the woods at all. There, I either have an N frame (round or square), a .22, or my favorite, a 4" Ruger Redhawk in .45 Colt. (I got lucky - it came with a trigger smooth as butter.)

The right grips and holsters make all the difference in CCW.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: