View Single Post

Old 12-03-2010, 07:22 PM
US Veteran

Liked 35 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAdoublegunner View Post
As much as I like my 696, I find myself carrying a Ruger Lipseys 44SP more often now. I don't know if it is that much lighter, and load levels are similar, but I just like the SA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfi71 View Post
I too have a Ruger New Vaquero Lipsey's .44 Special in the stainless "Sheriff's" model.

What a great gun!! I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but with a 240 grain lead slug at about 900 fps it's got to be a great all around sixgun.

The balance and "feel" is superb, as well as the action.
Me too! but I haven't carried it yet. The only holster I have for it is a nylon one with a safety strap that I have attached to the inside of my kayak. I've only shot it a little but it does feel great!. In the kayak it has a couple of snake shot backed up by GDHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainz View Post
I suggest a six ounce heavier answer - with another round capacity, an inch more barrel, larger hammer & trigger, BIG fc, and real Keith load capability - a 4" 629!

The 296 is a bit larger than my 642, which, in a Mika pocket holster fits all of my britches front pockets. The 296 in it's Mika holster fits ~3 of 4 of my pants front pockets...... Bit of a hand slapper.
Stainz
Nothing wrong with an N frame. I carried a 629 Mtn Gun for many years when I lived in Colorado. I have since moved on to .45 ACP in my N frames. They are a favorite.

Now that 296 I didn't like! It wouldn't fit in any pants pocket I had and it hurt my old arthritic hands worse than my little pocket rocket with .357 midloads. Got rid of it quick! Didn't care much for the cylinder either. I do have a NG (with stainless cylinder) that I carry and shoot lots. It doesn't hurt me near as bad as that 296 did.

As you can see.....I like .44 Specials.