View Single Post

Old 12-04-2010, 06:01 AM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts

Try this: Seat the TC bullet to the length that will feed, then simply switch bullets. That will make the SWC hit the feed ramp at the same angle as the TC bullet. Only do about 5 bullets or so.

I'm not sure you understood treeman's post. When he said "drop them in" he didn't mean to fire them. He meant to check the bullet similar to how you do with a case guage. A case guage is a useful tool for checking loaded semi auto rounds. They can be purchased from Dillon.

Your SWC, even the ones I sent, should look like this.

You can seat them as deep as flush with the case too. You will have to play with that to see what depth functions best in your pistol.

Believe it or not, folks used to spend $1000 for the newest Colt 1911 and no matter what length they tried still ended up sending them to a gunsmith so they could feed this profile bullet! My Taurus PT1911 will feed any of them and it only cost me $450 new!

The bullet profile you have in the SWC is a very accurate bullet BUT it is one that can be hard to get to feed too. Don't get frustrated though, it will be worth it if you get them to shoot.

p.s. As OCD1 asked, what gun are you shooting them out of? Also, on the SWC, there is a tad too much crimp on them. When you seat them in the removed barrel, the case should be flush with the "hood" of the barrel. If you need a picture, let me know, I'll try to find one.

Found one. Gonna work all day today and may not get back to this thread until tomorrow late so:

Last edited by Skip Sackett; 12-04-2010 at 06:10 AM.