View Single Post

Old 12-04-2010, 09:05 AM

Liked 119 Times in 73 Posts

"But...it is a bit of a "strange concept". I think it is too large to carry in normal concealed circumstances, except for maybe offensive linemen in the NFL. It might work if a normal to bigger sized person goes about with a coat or jacket on. Or carries it in a purse, with little room for anything else."

I have to disagree with that statement. With a quality holster, belt, the correct outergarmet and a larger waist size in the pants that 696 will dissapear and be quite comfortable to carry with a Inside the Waistband holster. Been legally packing a full size 1911 since 93 IWB and also pack a 3" 657 .41 mag OWB, and a few other S&W's and never has anyone ever noticed them. I'm 5' 7"'s and 167 lbs BTW.

My only complaint with the 696 is it's missing one hole, but makes up for that as its a potent round that shoots very well in a small package. Like many other Smiths I wish I would have bought a prelock when they first came out and prices were down on them. A 3" 686 is the better gun for SD but only when using magnums for the extra power and can be had for less money.

With that said I still want one!
The Following User Likes This Post: